Menu
School Logo
Language
Search

History

The History of Youlgrave All Saints' Primary School

 

The first village Primary School was built in 1672 and had 25 pupils on roll, the site where it was built is now occupied by the imposing Victorian structure of the Youlgrave Co-operative Society building (1887) with it`s three-arched palisaded front, which is now used as a youth hostel and stands opposite the Fountain in the village centre.

 

The school as we know it today stands next to the church and was erected in 1887/8, with the dining room & kitchen being added almost a century later in 1979 and now having 76 pupils on roll.


 

Top