Muck, Mess and Mixtures
Monday 18th January
Marbling Prints with Cooking Oil and Food Colouring
Three ingredients are needed cooking oil, food colouring and water. The only utensils you will need for this are a teaspoon and a swirling tool e.g. a lolly stick, skewer, cocktail stick etc. You will need some small cups or pots, a shallow bowl or tray and some paper to take your prints.
1) Mix half a tablespoon of oil with half a teaspoon of food colouring in a small bowl or cup beat hard with a fork to make sure it is properly mixed.
2) Repeat step 1 with other colours.
3) Fill a shallow pan or baking tray with enough water to cover the surface of the bottom.
4) Use a teaspoon or paintbrush to sprinkle drops of the food colouring mixtures into the water.
5) Use your swirling utensil to make patterns in the water.
6) Place your paper gently on top of the water and let it sit for about 30-40 seconds. You should see some oil coming through the paper.
7) Remove the paper and set aside to dry.