School Logo

Health and Wellbeing support systems in school

Children can access a range of support for their mental health and wellbeing at school by simply talking to someone this could be a:

  • friend 
  • their class teacher/ teaching assistant
  • lunchtime or club supervisors


Or by writing their worry and their name on a note and placing it in their class worry box. 


At home children can talk to:

  • their parent(s), carers or grandparents.
  • a friends' parent or carer, a neighbour
  • a doctor, nurse or counsellor
  • religious minister
  • club leader or coach. 


If you are worried about your child's mental health or wellbeing please contact your child's class teacher or the headteacher to discuss your concerns. Who can then, if necessary, refer your child to specialist help and support. Alternatively, try using one of the A-Z support services available, ( These services can also be used by parents who are concerned about their own or another family members health.